[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Help needed on portal and jackrabbit: ClassCastException

gsferra@imnet.it do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 07:01:15 EST 2009

Hi,

I've developed a stand alone application using latest Jackrabbit libraries and now I wish to evolve it in a jboss service (sar) useable in my application. Sadly, while deploying on server, I get "ClassCastException", caused (so I believe) by conflicts between jackrabbit classes provided by my application and portal. I tried to set up a classloaders isolation but it didn't work. My application structure is:

app.ear
- /lib
- /lib/a-lot-of.jar <- here are latest jackrabbit libraries too
- /META-INF
- /META-INF/application.xml
- myservice.sar
- /com/.../my-packages/.../my.class
- /META-INF/jboss-service.xml

Questions are:
- Where to place jackrabbit's libraries? (EAR/lib, SAR/lib, etc...)
- How to force my service to work with that libraries?
- How to avoid conflicts between my service and portal?

Thank you,
--
GaS

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203966#4203966