[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Ad-hoc one of workflow piece

pjacobsen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 15:49:46 EST 2009

That was what I was thinking.... thanks for the feedback.  (And for what it's worth I don't like having to implement this... seems to run in the face of having a process to follow and then throwing in some extra steps... but you gotta do what you gotta do if the users can't live without being able to have something like that)

So... on the concept of intercepting signaling on a node when the user specifies "I need this one-off process to occur after x node completes"... my only thought was to override the leave functions on a set of nodes that extend from the core jBPM ones and have those suspend the workflow and start the one-off when they are flagged to do so.  Any thoughts on other ways to interrupt?  I remember reading that you are not supposed to alter the context during event handlers like a node-leave (i.e. it should just be for reference and trigger other external activities)... but that was the only other place I could think of trying to suspend the flow.

Thanks again for helping thinking this through.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204118#4204118

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204118