[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Remoting 2.4.0.GA is now available

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 17:15:37 EST 2009

Is Remoting 2.5 compatible with AS 4.2.x?  Good question.  It's not a combination that has been tested officially, although it's clear from the forum that people are using them together.

Generally speaking, EJB2 and EJB3 are fairly independent of Remoting details, so I would guess that they would be compatible with Remoting 2.5.  On the other hand, JBossMessaging is much more tied to Remoting details, so I would get a new JBM release.  In particular, I would look for a version of JBM that ships with AS 5, which is an environment in which JBM uses Remoting 2.5  You would have to check with the JBM guys about their other dependencies.

Good luck.  If you go ahead and try Remoting 2.5 with AS 4.2.x, please let us know how it goes.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204146#4204146

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204146