[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Challenges when moving from JBoss AS to JBoss EAS

loni1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 26 04:23:09 EST 2009

Hi,

We are planning to use JBoss AS in order to run an application developed with GWT (Google Web Toolkit). Already tested this integration in form of a .war file, and seems that works pretty well.

Nevertheless, although quite excited about this integration, our main fear is related to future escalability of application and consequently, of application server. In fact, GWT application can become in a near future, in a very high-demanding application being accesed by many concurrent users, therefore a powerful, scalable and 100% available AS would be needed.

Of course, we've started with the opensource version of JBoss AS, but would like to know which are the main challenges or possible problems when migrating from JBoss AS to JBoss EAS, that is, when moving to the commercial version of the platform.

Would be nice to hear the experience from somebody having completed this migration step. Was easy for you? Any other issue I should be aware of when moving to JBoss EAS?

Thanks very much in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204638#4204638

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204638