[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - PermGen Space exception

TdeVos09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 26 10:16:18 EST 2009

Hi all,

first our environment: We are using JBoss AS 4.2.3 with the Jboss Portal 2.7.1. and JDK 1.6.0_11.

Excuse me if i picked the wrong thread.

In development we had the following problem. After a couple of deployments and undeployments JBoss is throwing a PermGen Space exception. We found a lot of informations on the web, but nothing was really helpful. The work around (Increase -XX:MaxPermSize up to 512 MB) is not an option, because it is just delaying the issue (The permGen Space will grow anyway). I wrote a little document on what we did and what we think the real issue is all about, but unfortunately I cannot attach it to the post. In the document is discribed that the class loader org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.WebAppClassLoader won't release the loaded classes in the permGen Space as the Portlet is undeployed. Has one of you guys another solution than doing a Jojo or increase the permGen Space as an startup value? Our tests are based on the blog form J. Kieviet http://blogs.sun.com/fkieviet/entry/how_to_fix_the_dreaded.

Thanks in advance
Thorsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204732#4204732

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204732