[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Ejb3 sources in zipped form

skajotde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 26 13:04:13 EST 2009

"ALRubinger" wrote : "skajotde" wrote : I think it is great that library can be used outside EJB3 and provides model and metatada. But main purposes of this libraries are be part of EJB3 product so I think it should be versioned in one way with one version number for releases of all libraries. So change in library-a should increase version in all libraries ?

  | I have two arguments.
  |
  | 1) It takes time/resources away from dev to re-release projects with no changes.
  |
  | 2) If there's no difference in the code between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1, what does bumping the version number accomplish?  You're labelling a new version, signalling that some change has been made.

Yes, there are true arguments but I very prefer treat these libraries as part of EJB3 Project. So when EJB3 Project change releases new version there is one number of version.

"ALRubinger" wrote :
  | It seems like your concerns would be alleviated with another matrix showing all component versions that comprise an EJB3 release?
  |
  | S,
  | ALR

I'm afraid of versioning madness. I know that libraries have virtues but I think they shoudn't introduce additional complex level. Main product is JBossAS which is composed from few projects which you can simply download with sources and try (one version number). Now there will be hundreds libraries. Are you sure there is good solution ?

Maybe tagging all trunk in svn should come back ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204784#4204784

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204784