[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: FreeMarker IDE Hangs Consistently

nickboldt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 27 15:00:33 EST 2009

If a view is not shown, not minimized, and otherwise not part of what Eclipse is running, it shouldn't be loaded at all, as Eclipse lazy-loads classes only when they're actually referenced.

-vm should point to java.exe or javaw.exe, not \bin. your Eclipse is running with your system's default VM, which may (coincidentally) be the one you think you've specified.

You can check what Eclipse is actually using in Help > About > Configuration, or explicitly set -vm c:\path\to\java.exe to force a specific one.

As to the "No more handles" SWT problem, I've only ever seen - and solved - that on Linux, which involved this:

# fix for org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_check() failed]
  | # fix for Failed to invoke suite():org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_check() failed]
  | ulimit -c unlimited; # set corefile size to unlimited
  | export JAVA_HIGH_ZIPFDS=500
  | export LANG=C.

Here's what Google has to say:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=swt+no+more+handles