[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Ejb3 sources in zipped form

skajotde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 28 05:02:13 EST 2009

"ALRubinger" wrote : Cool, I'll discuss this w/ the other guys on the team.  Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

"ALRubinger" wrote : Well, the difference between ZIP and JAR is just a format specification, right?  ;)

No just specification. Zip is standard format to download files. There is Readme, you can view install script when are problems, you can change install script to do workaround.

"ALRubinger" wrote : The Plugin, as packaged currently, takes just one step to install, making it less error-prone (no need to unzip, run a script; just execute the JAR).

  | "Why hide details what to do"?  Encapsulation! :D  I don't understand your Linux comparison; in standard RedHat packaging a RPM also will self-extract and install itself.  I believe implementation details *should* be hidden to the user.  The contract is that this artifact patches AS.  The issue of "how" is out-of-scope, but you can still get at the working parts underneath if you need to.
  |
  | S,
  | ALR

Hm encapsulation yes, but give additional ways to do workaround problems. So attach ejb3-plugin sources to jar ;). Of course sources of all jars are not need. And give  README with info from run this script.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205160#4205160

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4205160