[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Embedded server - how to create JMS Topic?

Leos.Bitto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 1 05:26:52 EDT 2009

Hi Tim,

"timfox" wrote :
  | JMSServerManager is only really used for loading JMS queue, topic and connection factory descriptions from jbm-jms.xml into JNDI and also registering them with JMX. The JMX call to createTopic in JMSServerManager basically just does that. (Actually I think we should rename them to "deployTopic" or "bindTopic" or something similar).

As soon as I was pointed to JMSServerManager I read the source code, suspected that I could live without JMSServerManager and it seems that it is really true.

My application uses the ApplicationContext from Spring Framework, so I already have an XML configuration file, and it is easy to add few lines there to create the necessarry JMS queues and topics, using my simple class which calls your core API. The same is true for creating the JMS (XA)ConnectionFactory - no JNDI needed.

"timfox" wrote :
  | If you're not using JNDI and don't need them in JMX then you shouldn't need to use it.

Yes, I do not use JNDI - I feel that for an embedded server JNDI is not necessary. I am not sure what do you mean by "in JMX" - the way I create the JMS queue and topic I can see them in JMX with all the cool stuff like message counts, etc.

"timfox" wrote :
  | If you're using JMS you should just be able to instantiate the JMS queue and topic instances directly on the client side, e.g.
  |
  | Topic myTopic = new JBossTopic("myTopic");
  |
  | ... do stuff with the topic.

Sure, that is documented nicely and I do that.

"timfox" wrote :
  | Can you tell me if that works?

No problem, I can send you my sample code if you let me know how - should I just paste in into this forum?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241099#4241099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241099