[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Embedded server - how to create JMS Topic?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 1 04:57:43 EDT 2009

Hi Leos-

JMSServerManager is only really used for loading JMS queue, topic and connection factory descriptions from jbm-jms.xml into JNDI and also registering them with JMX. The JMX call to createTopic in JMSServerManager basically just does that. (Actually I think we should rename them to "deployTopic" or "bindTopic" or something similar).

If you're not using JNDI and don't need them in JMX then you shouldn't need to use it.

If you're using JMS you should just be able to instantiate the JMS queue and topic instances directly on the client side, e.g.

Topic myTopic = new JBossTopic("myTopic");

... do stuff with the topic.

Can you tell me if that works?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241086#4241086

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241086