[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Can't get use-try-lock to work

fishribs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 1 14:37:32 EDT 2009

We've got an app that makes several queries. Intermittantly, it will fail with an error like:
Unable to obtain lock in 60 seconds: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnection at 1478101

I've been able to track this down to:
BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.useTryLock, which defaults to 60, thus the 60 seconds.

However, there doesn't seem to be any way to set this value in the datasource configuration. The dtd for datasources talks about use-try-lock, but it never appears to be getting set (based on debugging)

How do I configure this value? Moreover, why do I need to (i.e. why would I be getting the error in the first place).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241272#4241272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241272