[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Clusted FailOver doesn't seem to work correctly with Bridge

artp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 1 19:30:06 EDT 2009

I have a cluster that I'll call cluster A that has a Bridge that moves messages from  a Cluster A queue to another cluster's(Cluster B) queue. Cluster B contains two nodes(B0,B1). Initially, when i start all the nodes up all is well, messages are moved from Cluster A to one node(ie B0) in Cluster B.

When i take down B0, i get failover messages, on B1, saying that fail over is happening and it's completed. Natually, i'd expect further messages from Cluster A to be processed by B1. Sometimes FailOver works to B1, but most of the time it doesn't. When it doesn't I see the MessageCount and DeliveryCount grow higher has i send more messages from Cluster A. It looks as if the Bridge is doing it's job since i can see the messagecount from the jmx console. FailOver appears to be causing something to go wrong once messages get to B1. From that point on messages are stuck on B1.

To get the messages out of the stuck state i have to bring nodes up and down(ie. bring B0 up then take down B1). Eventually, the FailOver kicks in and one Node proceses the messages.  Once that happens, messages are processed.

Is there something i'm missing?

Environment:
jboss 5.1, JBM 1.4.4 src, I modified JMSRemoteConnection to compile against Remoting 2.5.1, so we could have the Bridge fixes, etc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241305#4241305

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241305