[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How can I suspend or resume a ProcessInstance in jBPM4?

xu.huisheng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 2 00:36:45 EDT 2009

Hi All:

   I have a big problem when suspending/resuming a ProcessInstance in jBPM4.
   A few days ago, I saw there are some feature for Suspending/Resume Execution in jBPM4. So I add this feature to the todolist of my project. But when I start work on this part, I find there is no method in api package to support these feature.

   First I think suspend/resume is similar with the end/delete operation in the ExecutionService.java, but there is no such method. So I go to the Execution.java, Fortunately, there are some code for the suspend:

  /** indicates that this execution is temporary suspended with the
   * {@link #suspend()} method.  Human tasks of a suspended execution
   * shouldn't show up in people's task list and timers of suspended
   * executions shouldn't fire and the execution is locked. Make sure that comparisons are
   * done with .equals and not with '==' because if executions are
   * loaded from persistent storage, a new string is created instead
   * of the constants. */
  String STATE_SUSPENDED = "suspended";

  /** is this execution suspended ? */
  boolean isSuspended();

  But these are just a constants for the suspended state and a method for obtain the condition of the execution. I see there is some javadoc for {@link #suspend()}, it seems there may be a method named suspend in the Execution.java. But I can find any method like that.

  Finally I can only to use ExecutionImpl.java in pvm to complete the suspend() and resume() operation. I think there is totally wrong.

        /**
         * FIXME: It is wrong to use implement class.
         */
        ((ExecutionImpl) pi).suspend();

        /**
         * FIXME: It is wrong to use implement class.
         */
        ((ExecutionImpl) pi).resume();

  Anyone has better solution for this? Thank you very much.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241343#4241343

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241343