[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Farm deployment errors with large WAR files

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 2 15:06:31 EDT 2009

How are you deploying the file? Placing it in farm on one node? Copying it to farm on both? Copying it to both and then starting the 2 nodes?

I'd think the first, but I want to be sure.

I'll assume it's the first and the node where it successfully deployed was the one where you copied the file and that was 10.200.90.105.

The logging you reported happens when the hot deploy scanner thread on 10.200.90.103 tries to acquire a lock to scan the farm dir, and can't after (configurable) 60 secs. The 10.200.90.105 node is holding the lock, which it will do while trying to push the war to the cluster.  The ERROR msg should probably be a WARN, as this isn't necessarily a problem (e.g. if you are pushing huge content). But 60 seconds to push 2MB? Something's wrong there.  Plus it sounds like the war *never* deploys.

Can you turn on TRACE logging in the server.log files for the following categories, test deploying the war and then zip and mail me the log files? Categories are:

org.jgroups.protocols.UDP
org.jgroups.protocols.pbcast.NAKACK
org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.clustered
org.jboss.ha.framework.server.lock
org.jboss.profileservice.cluster.repository

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241585#4241585

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241585