[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Strange results with twiddle.sh when Jboss is down

delgurth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 3 04:21:08 EDT 2009

"bcosnefroy" wrote : Hi,

  | Sorry to reply to my own topics...
  |
  | I've found how to solve my problem.
  | There is a jndi.properties file in the twiddle.jar file.
  |
  | In the jndi.properties file, I've added the line:
  | jnp.disableDiscovery=true
  |
  | Now when my Jboss server is down, twiddle.sh returns an Exception.
  | I still have to modify the check_jbossjmx nagios script to deal with this exception.
  |
  | Thanks Dimitris for your answer.
  | Bruno

Thanks for pointing out what was the solution to this. You can also add the property on the commandline, if you don't want to modify the twiddle.jar

just add

-Djnp.disableDiscovery

to your commandline, at least that worked for me.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241650#4241650

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241650