[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Several applications running in the same instance

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 4 10:22:44 EDT 2009

"chkiron" wrote :

  | My company is building 3 different applications (3 .WARs). Today, they use the same libs version (spring, hibernate, rich-faces, etc).
  |
  | My client' IT staff wants to put these 3 applications and any others they have or are building in the same JBoss instance.
  |
  | I am trying to change this, but I am lacking arguments.

I don't see anything wrong in hosting all those 3 apps on the same server instance. As long as you have ensured proper classloader isolation (so that each app uses its own version of the libraries that's packaged within the app), i think there shouldn't be any issues. Here's some wiki links for classloader related details:

http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/JbossClassLoadingUseCases

http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/classloadingconfiguration

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241796#4241796

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241796