[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - deleting messages rather than blocking if server down for lo

AdrianWoodhead do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 7 12:28:56 EDT 2009

I am in the process of evaluating replacing ActiveMQ with JBoss Messaging. Our production systems generate loads of up to around 1 thousand messages a second at peack times.

According to the JBM documentation if the server goes down then the client producer caches outgoing messages until the cache size is reached, after this the calls to send will block. ActiveMQ does something similar and this has led to problems in the past where the server has gone down for an extended period of time and the clients end up with so many blocked threads that they take down the client VM. In this situation we would much rather lose messages and have the clients continue running. Can JBM be configured in such a way that if the server is down that messages are dropped by the client instead of the client threads blocking? (they could be dropped FIFO via some sort of Bounded Queue or based on TTL expiry).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242255#4242255

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242255