[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: deleting messages rather than blocking if server down fo

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 7 15:06:39 EDT 2009

Adrian-

I am trying to get my head around what you're asking here.

if you're referring to command buffering:

http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta3/html/command-buffering.html

Then JBM will block by default on send if it hasn't received any acks back from the server. As mentioned in the docs you can turn this off by setting the ProducerWindowSize param to -1, but do so at your peril! Flow control is there to stop the server getting overwhelmed.

BTW JBM won't create any threads here - there will only be as many threads blocking as the number of threads from your application that have called send(), so I'm not sure how that could bring your application down.

You could also set an ExceptionListener which would be called when a problem with the connection is detected.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242284#4242284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242284