[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Remote debugging with Jboss

puntino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 8 03:12:23 EDT 2009

Hallo,
I'd like to know how to set up my Eclipse 3.4.2 and Jboss  in order to debug my application in remote mode.
First of all, I already enabled the line:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y %JAVA_OPTS%

In Eclipse, in the debug configuration panel I set the ip address of the jboss server where my web application is hosted, and 8787 as port number.
Then, I lauch my debbuger by clicking on the green beatle and the Jboss got stuck in an infinite loop.
How can I sort it out ?

Aside from this strange behaviour, I can't figure out how it is possible to debug an application running on the server with a debugger that it is installed on the client side where the code is developed...
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242327#4242327

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242327