[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Problem with deployment listener when moving from JBoss

vit.jonas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 8 04:54:26 EDT 2009

I used following MBean listening on EJB3 deployments in JBoss 4.2 (jboss-service.xml):

  | <server>
  | 	<!-- EJB notification listener -->
  | 	<mbean code="my.project.mbeans.EJBDeployNotificationListener" name="my.project.mbeans:service=EJBDeployNotificationListener">
  | 	  <attribute name="SubscriptionList">
  | 	    <subscription-list>
  | 	     	<mbean name="jboss.ejb3:service=EJB3Deployer" handback="ejb3Deployer"/>
  | 	     	<notification type="START_NOTIFICATION" />
  | 	     	<notification type="STOP_NOTIFICATION" />
  | 	    </subscription-list>
  | 	  </attribute>
  |         </mbean>
  | </server>

my.project.mbeans.EJBDeployNotificationListener implements ListenerServiceMBeanSupport. In Jboss 4.2 I'm able to look to all deployed artifacts and do what I need with it. In this case for parsing specific proprietary annotations for our customer EJB3 classes.

There isn't any service jboss.ejb3:service=EJB3Deployer in JBoss 5.1.0 all configuration (clean installation). I tried to explore jboss.deployment:id="Ejb3Deployer",type=Component but it seems to not provide any notification support. I guess it is because in JBoss 5 this should be handled in a different way.

Can you give me some advise how to solve this task?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242360#4242360

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242360