[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - TomcatDeployment hangs when struts is configured in web.xml

mattma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 8 22:56:41 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have an existing struts application using Struts 1.2.7.  I'm  trying to deploy an existing web application on Jboss 5.1.0 GA.  As soon as I configure the struts action servlet in the web.xml, Jboss hangs at the console line:

19:37:54,679 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/web

When I take out the action servlet stuff in the web.xml, the server starts without any problems.

I also tried removing all the action forward directives in the struts-config.xml leaving only one or two and the server still hangs.

Using JDK 6 (java version "1.6.0_11")

The Jboss 5.1.0 GA is *not* the JDK6 compiled version.

Any thoughts on how I might go about figuring out what's going on here?  I don't even have any error messages to look at.

Thanks in advance,
-Matt

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242503#4242503

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242503