[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jBPM 4.0 and asynchronous continuatios

ralf_stranzenbach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 12 03:31:55 EDT 2009

Hi, i need some clarifications on asynchronous continuations. I've did some testing on 3.2.6 and 4.0 because we integrate jBPM into one of our applications, but currently i'm confused.

Looking at a simple process like this:

  | <start name="A">
  |   <transition to="B" />
  | </start>
  |
  | <java name="B" continue="async">
  |   <transition to="C" />
  | </java>
  |
  | <java name="C">
  |   <transition to="D" />
  | </java>
  |
  | <finish name="D" />

The behaviour i've observed is the following:

* I'll start the process and the states A and B will be activated, then process/start command returns.
* In the background C will be fired moving on to D finishing the process.

What i observe from my tests is, that the continuation attribute affects
My interpretation of the continue attribute affects outgoing transitions while the comparable jBPM3 feature affects the state itself.

Is this correct?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243099#4243099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243099