[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re:

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 13 04:53:03 EDT 2009

"nbhatia" wrote :
  | Thanks for the pointers. Based on your suggestions I have been able to send and receive 1000 messages on my Windows XP box without any problems! I tried to push this number upwards but it breaks at about 3000 messages - same "Connection failure has been detected" message. Anyway, I am not worried about that right now since I am not expecting those kinds of loads on my system.

I am worrried though since that should never happen, irrespective of load. Clebert and Andy are the guys who have access to Windows boxes. Hopefully one of them will try and replicate this.

The messages probably aren't in the queue, they're buffered on the client waiting for consumption. If you don't want buffering you can turn this off, see http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta3/html_single/index.html#flow-control.consumer.window

anonymous wrote :
  | Next, I would use these diagrams as a base for explaining deeper concepts. Overlay them with connection factories to show where they are located and how many of them are there. Especially useful would be to show what we get "out-of-the-box". For example, I had no idea that we get the JmsXA factory out-of-the-box and it is a JCA factory that I can start using right away. The documentation leads me to believe that I got to do a #~it-load of configuration before I can get JCA working - which is absolutely not true.

Well, you don't get it out of the box with JBoss Messaging. The thing at java/:JmsXA is the JBoss app server is the JMS JCA resource adapter - it's not part of JBoss Messaging is part of the application server and is there irrespective of whether you have installed JBM or not. The JBoss AS JCA adapter can be used with other messaging implementations too.

anonymous wrote :
  | Finally, it would be very helpful to use the diagrams to show which configuration file controls which piece. There are so many configuration files flying out there that it is confusing for a beginner.

Certainly JBoss application server has many configurations files, but JBoss Messaging actually has very few, just:

jbm-configuration.xml - this is the main config file with most stuff in it

jbm-users.xml - this is the default user credential file - you probably won't even use this when using jboss as

jbm-jms.xml - this just contains JMS destinations and connection factories, you won't use this if you're not using JMS

You can actually run a fully functioning server with just jbm-configuration.xml.

The purpose of all the above files are explained in http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta3/html_single/index.html#using-server.configuration

Any other files you have configured (e.g. jms-ds.xml) are not part of JBoss Messaging - they're JBoss Application Server config files and should be described in the JBoss AS documentation.

Thanks for your feedback it's very constructive.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243188#4243188

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243188