[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: session.createTextMessage() returns null?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 15 10:29:23 EDT 2009

Are you sure it's really returning null?

The code from JBossSession::createTextMessage is just this:

  | public TextMessage createTextMessage() throws JMSException
  |    {
  |       checkClosed();
  |
  |       return new JBossTextMessage(session);
  |    }

So I don't see how any well behaved JVM could return null, even under error conditions. If the creation of the text message proceeds you'll get a non null object. If it throws an exception, then an exception should be thrown from the method.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243795#4243795

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243795