[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Running JBoss as windows service with procrun

tw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 20 12:47:03 EDT 2009

I have been experimenting with procrun (http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html) to make JBoss (4.x and 5.x) run as service. All works fine as long as the JVM is launched as a separate process (java or exe mode). When using the jvm (jvm.dll) mode however, JBoss fails to start with class loading related problems. Using the -verbose option I can see that classes are loaded differently between these execution modes.

This problem does not occur with Tomcat (it uses procrun with the windows service installer).

Has anyone managed to run JBoss with procrun or through JNI/jvm.dll?

I would prefer this mode as it does not spawn another java process and shows the process under the procrun executable name in the process list rather than one of potentially many java processes.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244725#4244725

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244725