[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Problem with remote JBM access from applet running on co

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 18 00:48:13 EDT 2009

Well, the problem with MarshallerEditor is that it doesn't exist.

When BisocketClientInvoker initializes itself, it uses a class called org.jboss.util.propertyeditor.PropertyEditors, which calls java.beans.PropertyEditorManager.findEditor() to try to find editors to set all the BisocketClientInvoker bean properties.  One of BisocketClientInvoker's bean properties is "marshaller", but there is no editor for it.  In the normal course of events, PropertyEditors sees that there is no editor and quietly moves on.  I suspect that in your case, the Applet classloader tries to load a MarshallerEditor over the network, which results in different behavior.

To be honest, I've never seen this problem before, and don't really know how to handle it.  One possibility would be to create a do nothing MarshallerEditor with the same codebase as your applet.

You could ask on the "JBoss Messaging" forum (http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=238) if they have any experience with the use of JBM in an applet.  If you do that, I'd appreciate it if you could post a link to that thread so I could follow it.

Thanks,
Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244453#4244453

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244453