[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: javax.jms.JMSException: Failure on underlying remoting c

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 17 13:39:52 EDT 2009

Hi Kris,

Well, that just shows that every day, in every way, we get better and better.  :)

I have two suggestions.

1. On a busy network, or busy hosts, a spurious failure is always possible.  If you lengthen the ping cycle, e.g.,

  |   <attribute name="validatorPingPeriod" isParam="true">20000</attribute>
  |   <attribute name="validatorPingTimeout" isParam="true">10000</attribute>

you might reduce the number of occurrences.

2. We just added some major fixes on the JBossRemoting / JBossMessaging boundary in EAP 4.3.CP05 (Remoting 2.2.3 / JBM 1.4.0.SP3_CP08), which seems to be available now.  I'm not sure if they will affect your situation, but I think that anyone using JBossMessaging should probably upgrade to these new jars.

Of course, if you have a support contract, you would have to do the whole upgrade.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244403#4244403

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244403