[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re:

nbhatia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 17 07:35:03 EDT 2009

Well, my test is very slim - it does not do any database transactions or message processing. I even disabled the logging of the messages to make sure I am getting raw message times. The only thing that is potentially slowing down the performance is the use of XA, through the use of JCA and JmsXA connection factory, I assume. I am completely flexible on dealing with this provided the JBM and JBoss AS teams jointly recommend the right way to do it.

As mentioned in my previous message, I have seen people abandon XA and 2PC in favor of performance. Usually they will commit the database transaction first, if that succeeds they will acknowledge the JMS message (this assumes that the DB commit will fail more often than a JMS ack). May be you can confirm or deny this as a best practice and recommend a solution using this approach. In any case, as an application developer, I need a holistic solution that plays well with JBoss AS and JBM. Hope you can help with this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244292#4244292

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244292