[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Clientside timeouts for EJB-Calls (2.1 + 3.0)

bernd.koecke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 16 03:23:41 EDT 2009

Hello,
we have EJB 2.1 and 3.0 Beans on JBossAS 4.2.3 and EJB 2.1 on JBossAS 4.0.2. Now our clients would like to set timeouts for their RMI-EJB-Calls. I can set a timeout on the server side for all EJBs, but we have applications which are used by frontend and backend systems. The Backends can wait for the response, but the Frontends need a fast response or an exception.

Is there a possibility to set such timeouts on the client side?

I think setting the so-timeout on the client socket would be a solution. I found a solution for EJB 3, with a small additional interceptor and an optional properties file in the clients classpath. But this doesn't work for EJB 2.1 on JBossAS 4.2.3 and 4.0.2. It seems that I have to replace some classes at the interface between EJB-Container and JBossRemoting. Or do I miss a configuration alternative?

Thanks a lot,
Bernd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243971#4243971

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243971