[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Installing a context leads to resolve of other unrelated

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 18 13:26:28 EDT 2009

Yeah, I don't buy this "implicit dependencies" business.  The beauty of the MC deployer architecture is that when you deploy stuff, you can make dependencies which are implicit (as far as the user sees) translate to explicit dependencies before the container even sees the deployment.

As for "depending" on JNDI, I think that should always translate into a real explicit dependency, which is filled by a special bean deployment that represents the JNDI binding.  These special deployments can be implicitly created by the EJB and JCA deployers, much like how I bind logging handlers to logger categories.

I think that the value of having a highly efficient (and simple) dependency resolution algorithm will far, far outweigh its support for edge cases that can be easily implemented in other ways.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244482#4244482

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244482