[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Help with massive architectural problem: old jbpm proces

shekharv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 21 00:39:17 EDT 2009

Check if this will help for now:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=jbpm+process+migration&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

You can start from here and then see how it goes, but again this is not for the faint hearted.
Having said that, it is not impossible, and totally depends on what kind of process you have.

I have done simple test simulations where. data is converted using a driver program that put in very simple words, 're-runs' the process.

Now this and portions of this might or might not be feasible in your case.

But again, with the database structure being a lot more formal in the v3, you can attempt to repoint the tokens and make other changes. I have not done that personally at that level, so cannot comment on that approach, but, as Ronald mentioned, given enough understanding of the database, and your process being conducive, who knows, it might actually be possible.

Regarding your comment about not having tools to migrate running processes, it is not a very straightforward problem to solve, especially something that can be branded as a 'tool' as ultimately most approaches have to be customized.

Let us know what you find,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244793#4244793

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244793