[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Can JBoss have DB Multipools (or pool of pools)?

billa007 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 21 10:22:00 EDT 2009

Can't seem to find a way where we can configure a JBoss Datasource which points to two or more dataBases. In Weblogic it is called Multipools (or "pool of pools")

There is something with Oracle driver where we can configure more then one DataBase in a Datasource (<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=(address_list=(load_balance=on)(failover=on)(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=host1)(port=1521))(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=host2)(port=1521)))(connect_data=(service_name=xxxxsid)(failover_mode=(type=select)(method=basic))))</connection-url>)

But this only seems to work for Oracle RAC. I could not make it work with a non-RAC oracle DB.

Any help will be appreciated... Any document reference will be very good. Thnaks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245005#4245005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245005