[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: JBoss 5.1.0.GA. Why difference between -b and -Djboss.bi

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 22 18:19:51 EDT 2009

Very strange. What I'm seeing is it works as expected when I set the properties on the command line, but when I edit run.conf.bat to include them in JAVA_OPTS, I get the behavior you reported.

Ah! I get it. The code that fixes the jgroups.bind_addr property if it's 0.0.0.0 is part of the processing of arguments passed to org.jboss.Main. But when you set it via JAVA_OPTS, that's passed to java directly, not as an argument passed to Main.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7119

Thanks for the report.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245421#4245421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245421