[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: ClassCastException due to Xerces conflict during app dep

rodos77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 23 12:56:05 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Any chance I can get a response to this?

As can be seen from the Exception StackTrace, there is absolutely no involvement of the application at this point so I really fail to understand why the application classloader (the war classloader) is being used by the JBoss deployer to load the Xerces classes.

I've triple checked how this works in JBoss 4 and it definitely doesn't do this.  The war deployer (tomcat deployer) uses its own classloader, not the war classloader to load Xerces classes.  So this looks like a change in behavior between JBoss 4 and 5.

In JBoss 5, by default the war classloader is isolated and has parent-first=false as per the servlet spec.  I want to keep this behavior.  I can change this with jboss-classloading.xml and get through the deployment but I then have problems later on in my app as I stated in my previous post.  So this path is really not an option for me.

I'm really down to my last option here of refactoring my Xerces with my own package structure so that it wouldn't interfere with the JBoss Xerces.  I would really like to avoid this if possible.

A response would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245631#4245631

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245631