[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Unresolved references exist in JBossWebMetaData

loren_ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 23 17:32:10 EDT 2009

I'm porting a working app from glassfish to jboss-5.1.0.GA, but I can't seem to get injection to work in my web application.  I'm deploying the ejb separate from the war, and it deploys without error and tells that it's bound to the following names:

2009-07-23 16:06:37,033 INFO  [org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.impl.jndiregistrar.JndiSessionRegistrarBase] (HDScanner) Binding the following Entries in Global JNDI:

        NewtDao/local - EJB3.x Default Local Business Interface
        NewtDao/local-com.corenap.newtDAO.NewtDaoLocal - EJB3.x Local Business Interface

Then when I try to deploy my web app I get the following message:
2009-07-23 16:06:52,906 WARN  [org.jboss.deployment.MappedReferenceMetaDataResolverDeployer] (HDScanner) Unresolved references exist in JBossWebMetaData:[#web-app:AnnotatedEJBReferenceMetaData{name=com.coren
ap.newt.Application/facade,ejb-ref-type=null,link=null,ignore-dependecy=false,mapped/jndi-name=NewtDao,resolved-jndi-name=null,beanInterface=interface com.corenap.newtDAO.NewtDaoRemote}]
2009-07-23 16:06:52,906 INFO  [org.jboss.ejb3.deployers.Ejb3DependenciesDeployer] (HDScanner) Encountered deployment AbstractVFSDeploymentContext at 18169044{vfszip:/usr/local/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/depl
oy/Newt_1.1.war/}

everything goes to hell in a hand basket after that, which makes sense if it can't talk to the ejb.

I'm injecting it like so:

public class Application extends WebApplication {

    @EJB(mappedName = "NewtDao")
    public static NewtDaoRemote facade;

and the bean itself is declared like so:
@Stateless(name = "NewtDao")
@Local(NewtDaoLocal.class)
@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER)
@DeclareRoles({"BasicSuperUser", "Provisioner", "FacilityAdmin"})
public class NewtDaoBean implements NewtDaoLocal{

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245688#4245688

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245688