[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jBPM 4.0 instance creation results in single task

holla2040 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 23 20:21:14 EDT 2009

FYI, I've poked around for about 6 hours looking for an answer before posting.

----

I'm evaluating 4.0 for a handheld project where a user's current task list is downloaded for the day (ie. all their tasks are viewable). I've modified Jeff Yu's jpbm-helloworld process to include 5 tasks. It deploys and functions correctly, ie I can step through the tasks in the jbpm-console. The task tab only shows a single current task not the 5 from my process.

I further investigated the API and found these TaskQuery methods.

TaskQuery 	processDefinitionId(java.lang.String processDefinitionId) - only select tasks that are associated to the given process definition

TaskQuery 	processInstanceId(java.lang.String processInstanceId) - only select tasks that are associated to the given process instance

TaskService TaskQuery.list() execution returns a single task (the current task) for both TaskQuery configurations.

So I opened the jbpm database and saw that a single row exists in JBPM_TASK table (the current task).  So it appears that startProcessInstance doesn't create all process tasks, the engine only creates one at a time.

So my question is, can I start process instances where all tasks are created (ie inserted into JBPM_TASK table)?

If not, can this be done in jBPM 3.x?

Thanks for your time,
Craig

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245708#4245708