[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: [JBPM4] How to maintain class files for different Proces

shekharv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 24 01:40:27 EDT 2009

OK, I do not think we are on the same page,
Why do you want to change the class name or package name in the first place? The reason I recommended as an option was if you had to change the behavior of a certain class that gets invoked as part of the jbpm process execution.

Say you have an assignment handler com.foo.Assign. This is currently deployed in a process definition ABC with version 1. If you have to deploy version 2 of the process, with changes to the code to com.foo.Assign, not always can you go ahead and do that, because some executions might already exist out there that could potentially break if you change the code of that class. If that is the case you have to version your class accordingly, and use the newer version in the new process deployment. If you think that changing the code does not impact the process definition, then why change the name of the class?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245722#4245722

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245722