[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Unresolved references exist in JBossWebMetaData

loren_ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 24 15:20:20 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : What is NewtDaoRemote? I don't see it being mapped as a remote interface for the bean and neither do i see the JNDI binding for that.

  | If it was the local interface, here's what you would do to inject it:
  |
  | @EJB(mappedName = "NewtDao/local")
  |   | public NewtDaoLocal facade;

Doh! I've been trying this every which way and posted mismatched code.  Unfortunately I get the same error when I use the correct interface:

2009-07-24 14:12:45,403 WARN  [org.jboss.deployment.MappedReferenceMetaDataResolverDeployer] (HDScanner) Unresolved references exist in JBossWebMetaData:[#web-app:AnnotatedEJBReferenceMetaData{name=com.corenap.newt.Application/facade,ejb-ref-type=null,link=null,ignore-dependecy=false,mapped/jndi-name=NewtDao/local,resolved-jndi-name=null,beanInterface=interface com.corenap.newtDAO.NewtDaoLocal}]

If I specify nothing at all in @EJB it spits out this:
2009-07-24 13:43:07,609 WARN  [org.jboss.deployment.MappedReferenceMetaDataResolverDeployer] (HDScanner) Unresolved references exist in JBossWebMetaData:[#web-app:AnnotatedEJBReferenceMetaData{name=com.coren
ap.newt.Application/facade,ejb-ref-type=null,link=null,ignore-dependecy=false,mapped/jndi-name=null,resolved-jndi-name=null,beanInterface=interface com.corenap.newtDAO.NewtDaoLocal}]
2009-07-24 13:43:07,651 INFO  [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment] (HDScanner) deploy, ctxPath=/NewtJboss
2009-07-24 13:43:07,663 WARN  [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.injection.WebEJBRemoteHandler] (HDScanner) EJBTHREE-1289: Using legacy EjbEncInjector, because mappedName for enc "env/com.corenap.newt.Application
/facade", field "null" is null (container.environmentRefGroup.annotatedEjbReferences = [AnnotatedEJBReferenceMetaData{name=com.corenap.newt.Application/facade,ejb-ref-type=null,link=null,ignore-dependecy=fal
se,mapped/jndi-name=null,resolved-jndi-name=null,beanInterface=interface com.corenap.newtDAO.NewtDaoLocal}])
2009-07-24 13:43:07,670 ERROR [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment] (HDScanner) ENC setup failed
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Resolution should not happen via injection container

I am using Wicket, and their javaee library is a bit of a bastard child, but it works without a hitch in Glassfish (though gf certainly has other faults).  I did need to copy their ioc jars to server/default/lib/ before JBoss would successfully deploy a wicket war with ejb3 annotations.  But because of the unresolved reference it still throws exceptions as soon as it trys to invoke an EJB.

I'm about ready to give up on JBoss all together, any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245938#4245938

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245938