[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - javax.naming.CommunicationException

sisti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 26 22:50:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

Can anybody help me to solve this error:-

While trying to do this sample example with jboss 4.2 , ejb 3 ,jdk1.5 that
I found at site
:- http://javahowto.blogspot.com/2007/11/simple-ejb-3-on-jboss-application.html

I am getting the following error when I run the client class

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain
connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099 and discovery failed with error
: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java
.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.
CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root excepti
on is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server loca
lhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: con
nect]]]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1562)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:634)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
at foo.Client.main(Client.java:16)
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server loca
lhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed t
o connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect]]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:274)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1533)
... 4 more
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server
localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
: connect]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:248)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory
.java:84)
at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory
.java:77)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:244)
... 5 more
When I tried to do the first example of ejb3 in action with Myeclipse,jboss 4.2, ejb 3, jdk1.5
I am getting this same error.

I am not understanding What I am missing.
I will be very thankful if anybody can help me to solve this error...

Thanks in advance.
sisti

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246077#4246077

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246077