[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Enabling CaseInsensitiveness for username

mars76 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 28 15:29:16 EDT 2009

Hi Peter,

  I checked the Source of IdentityLoginModule.java and it has getUserName() method which is returning the username converted to lower case.

 I am not sure why after changing all the usernames on setup.txt to lowercase it still doesn't work when i try to login using the upper case user names !!!

[CODE]

protected String getUsername()
   {
      if (userNameToLowerCase != null && userNameToLowerCase.equalsIgnoreCase("true"))
      {
         return super.getUsername().toLowerCase();
      }
      return super.getUsername();
   }

[/CODE]