[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: PostConstruct loadClass fails when porting to JBoss 5

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 01:05:31 EDT 2009

"jcstaff2" wrote : When I did some searching, I found that Tom Marrs (Lead Author, JBoss at Work: A Practical Guide) had the same solution as I did as late as 2006. http://www.coderanch.com/t/89900/JBoss/reading-properties-file

Respectfully disagree.

"Tom Marrs" wrote : The EJB specification forbids EJBs to use the Current Class Loader, and since the System Class Loader isn't a workable option, you're left with the Thread Context ClassLoader.

It's this which I say is wrong.

"Sun EJB Restrictions Guide" wrote : Read-only data can, however, be stored in files in a deployment JAR, and accessed with the getResource() or getResourceAsStream() methods of java.lang.Class.

http://java.sun.com/blueprints/qanda/ejb_tier/restrictions.html

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246596#4246596