[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - MessageDriven Bean annotation problem

jameshartell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 06:03:53 EDT 2009

Hi, I am reading JBoss in Action to try to learn how to use JBoss Messaging and I am going through the examples in the book but I have come stuck on one example and have scoured the web for documentation but couldn't find any so I am writing in my first ever forum for help.

Here is the code:

package org.jbia.jms.sofaspuds;

import javax.jms.*;
import javax.ejb.*;

@MessageDriven(activationConfig={
		@ActivationConfigProperty
		(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Topic"),
		@ActivationConfigProperty
		(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="topic/VideoSubscribeTopic"),
		@ActivationConfigProperty
		(propertyName="subscriptionDurability", propertyValue="Durable"),
		@ActivationConfigProperty
		(propertyName="messageSelector", propertyValue="SpudsCustomer = 'James'")
})

	public class WireTap implements MessageListener {

	public void onMessage(Message msg){
		try{
			ObjectMessage objmsg = (ObjectMessage)msg;
			Video video = (Video)objmsg.getObject();
			System.out.println("Serveillance: perp=" +
					msg.getStringProperty("SpudsCustomer" +
							",video = " + video));
		}catch (Exception e){
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
	}
}

I have jboss-ejb3x.jar, jboss-j2ee.jar and jboss-messaging-client.jar on the build path as the book said I need but I get the error:
               The attribute activationConfig is undefined for the annotation type MessageDriven

I am using JBoss 5.1.0.GA, I have tried using so many jar files to see if it was that but I cannot get this working, any suggestions would be much appreciated.  - Thanks, James.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246649#4246649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246649