[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Configure jboss to use multiples auth methods in the same si

codemonkey1131 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 08:41:39 EDT 2009

Hi All

I'm working in a project where users can be authetificated by username/password OR X509 certificate.

we're having problems in order to integrate both methods. We tried two lines

a) Configure server.xml in SSL connector with clientAuth="true". Users with a valid certificate run well. Browser show a dialog asking a certificate, users select one and can navigating without problems.

Users with basic mechanism (username/password) are excluded from ssl side.

b) Configure 2 security constraints in web.xml
    mysite/cert/* -> with CLIENT-CERT
    mysite/basic/* -> with BASIC

Now users with username/password can navaigate without problems, however never ask for a certificate in mysite/cert/XXX .

Exists any way to solve this issue?

thank in advanced

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246699#4246699

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246699