[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBM replication needed?

FrankTheTank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 09:32:55 EDT 2009

Slony only does master-slave replication.

Setup:
DBs A (master) and B (slave)
AppServer cluster with both A and B in their datasource list.

So in the normal case all cluster nodes connects to A (alas a shared database).
Slony externally replicates the database from A to B.

Now if A fails, the AppServers switch to B.
(the replication terminates in the background).

Question is, do I even need to replicate the JBM database to the slave?
As I have no idea how JBM persists it's data, I am unsure of this.

F.i. do the pre-failover messages still exist after failover if they were not replicated?
i.e. these messages are lost and would cause the subscribers to miss them.

If I do, then I wonder if it is possible to tell JBM to persist it's tables in a specific schema of the database in order to simplify the replication.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246713#4246713

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246713