[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Cluster Node Fail: reinstantaiting non cache resources from

baranowb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 30 04:00:40 EDT 2009

Hi All

Im currently testing some code to know which data comes from failing node and I wonder if there is some pattern that I missed on google (cant search jb forums due to: the module threw an exception ...)

To make it short, scenario looks as follows:
 - threee nodes, sharing state via jb cache
 - service unit running on node1 creates timers
 - node1 fails
 - some service is notified of failure (either via HA Partition or cache listener) and node2 is peaked up as one that takes over
 - now node2 should instantiate timers from failed node, however how can it distinct one timer(cache data describing it) from another (from its local, or node3 timers)? - unless there is another cache structure indexing data by node, which seems a bit bad.

Currently Im testing cache listeners to see if it can give some valued information.

Any one had similar case?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246901#4246901

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246901