[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JMSServerControl.createQueue() fails when there are any

jmesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 31 11:46:50 EDT 2009

"clebert.suconic at jboss.com" wrote : IMO the management address shouldn' t be paged (ever).

You're right.

If I bypass paging for management message in PostOfficeImpl.route(), the issue disappears.
However, the message which is paged is the *reply* containing the operation result. It is not routed to the management address but (generally) to a temporary address. This means I can't use the message destination to bypass paging as it is not the management address.
The only way to know if the message corresponds to a management message is to lookup for a well-known property.
But this is not optimal as I don't want to lookup every message while only management message should never be paged.

So, I added a "pagingEnabled" boolean parameter to PostOffice.route().
When a *management message* is routed, I set it to false. Otherwise, it is true.
Then, in the route() method, I wrapped the paging code in a if(pagingEnabled) block.

This avoids to do any lookup to check if the message is a management message or not but it clutters a little bit the PostOffice API.

wdyt?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247312#4247312

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247312