[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JPA: toplink_essentials vs hibernate

bmelloni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 1 10:36:02 EDT 2009

Based on a recommendation from jBoss support, we are migrating from native Hibernate to JPA.  While researching I found that the two most commonly used backends for JPA are Toplink Essentials and Hibernate.

Since I am a beginner at JPA and Toplink's documentation was much easier to follow, the first application that I ported used Toplink.  But my instincts tell me that Hibernate is probably more robust.

Could somebody compare the two and explain the pros and cons of either approach?
(besides the benefit or drawback of the fact that 'Hibernate is included in jBoss')

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234491#4234491

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234491