[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Fastest way to migrate mbean services (with dependencies

chtimi2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 2 07:24:43 EDT 2009

Well spotted. I had started (but not finished) to adapt the ObjectNames since i saw they changed.

After changing to "jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=[XXX.jar],service=EJB3" eveywhere, it still fails in exactly the same way.

For instance, the dependencies of "NAVINEO.Dock:service=ModuleHORA" are still unresolved:
 Deployment "NAVINEO.Dock:service=ModuleHORA" is missing the following dependencies:
  |     Dependency "jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=NavineoDock.jar,service=EJB3" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=NavineoDock.jar,service=EJB3' **")
  |     Dependency "NAVINEO.HORA:service=NoeudsPrets" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "Configured")
  |     Dependency "jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=ModuleHORA.jar,service=EJB3" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=ModuleHORA.jar,service=EJB3' **")

If we look at the "DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:" at the end of the log, there is something interesting: the modules all fail to deploy as if there was a circular dependency:
  Deployment "jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=NavineoDock.jar,service=EJB3" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=NavineoDock.jar,service=EJB3' **

The NavineoDock module's jboss-service.xml doesn't explicitly declare this mbean, but it does declare dependencies towards it:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <server>
  | 	<mbean code="com.navineo.dock.jmx.ModuleManagement"
  | 	name="NAVINEO.Dock:service=ModuleManagement"
  | 	xmbean-dd="META-INF/ModuleManagement-xmbean.xml">
  | 	    <depends>
  | 	    	jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=NavineoDock.jar,service=EJB3
  | 	    </depends>
  | 	    <depends>
  |             jboss:service=Naming
  |         </depends>
  | 	</mbean>
  | 	<mbean code="com.navineo.dock.jmx.Parameter"
  | 	name="NAVINEO.Dock:service=Parameter"
  | 	xmbean-dd="META-INF/Parameter-xmbean.xml">
  | 	    <depends>
  | 	    	jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=NavineoDock.jar,service=EJB3
  | 	    </depends>
  | 	</mbean>
  | 	<mbean code="com.navineo.dock.jmx.ConsolidationImpactsDonnees"
  | 	       name="NAVINEO.Dock:service=ConsolidationImpactsDonnees">
  | 	    <depends>
  | 	    	jboss.j2ee:ear=Navineo.ear,jar=NavineoDock.jar,service=EJB3
  | 	    </depends>
  | 	    <depends>
  |             jboss:service=Naming
  |         </depends>
  | 	</mbean>
  | </server>

I don't remember why we explicitly declared dependencies towards the EJB3 service, probably in some cases the services started before the EJB3 were deployed. Maybe removing this dependency (and hoping the services don't start before the EJBs are ready) would help, but maybe it is something completely different.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234679#4234679

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234679