[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Call WebService in EJB 3.0 (Differences to EJB 2.1)

bjoern83 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 2 07:54:28 EDT 2009

Hi,
I had an EJB 2.1 Bean containing a WebService-Method:

/** @jboss.port-component name="WebServiceControllerService" uri="/VERSION-ejb/WebServiceController"
  |  *                       auth-method="BASIC" transport-guarantee="NONE"
  |  * @ejb.bean name="WebServiceController" display-name="WebServiceController" generate="true"
  |  *           jndi-name="ejb/WebServiceController" local-jndi-name="ejb/WebServiceControllerLocal"
  |  *           view-type="all" type="Stateless"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.home generate="local,remote"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.interface generate="local,remote,service-endpoint"
  |  *                remote-class="de.cursor.jevi.server.web.WebServiceController"
  |  *                local-class="de.cursor.jevi.server.web.WebServiceControllerLocal"
  |  *                service-endpoint-class="de.cursor.jevi.server.web.WebServiceControllerService"
  |  */
  | public class WebServiceControllerBean implements SessionBean
  | {
  |     public String search(String xmlSearch)
  |     {
  | 	}
  | }

I called this method using SOAPUI with the following URI:
http://Nebelos-C2Q:18080/CARMEN-ejb/WebServiceController
which is "MyServer" + "MyJar" + "MyWebServiceClassRemoteInterface".

Now I migrated my class to EJB 3.0:

@Stateless(name = "ejbWebServiceController")
  | @TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER)
  | @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.SUPPORTS)
  | @PermitAll
  | @WebService
  | @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
  | @SecurityDomain(value = "VERSION")
  | @Clustered(loadBalancePolicy = de.cursor.jboss.cluster.JBossLoadBalancer.class, partition = "DefaultPartition")
  | public class WebServiceControllerBean implements WebServiceControllerLocal, WebServiceController
  | {
  |     @WebMethod(operationName = "search")
  |     public String search(String xmlSearch)
  |     {
  | 	}
  | }

My SOAP-UI call doesn't work any more telling me "The requested resource (/CARMEN-ejb/WebServiceController) is not available.". Can somebody tell me how the new uri would be or (better) how to get the old one?

thanking you in anticipation

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234688#4234688

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234688