[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - VPS config tips

mgvarley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 4 06:34:54 EDT 2009

Dear all - I am preparing to migrate my app (seam, mysql) after a long period of development onto production servers.  I am renting a dedicated Centos server with an Intel Q660 chipset and 8gb memory.  I want to be able to maximise performance whilst leaving the door open for future growth (i.e. the ability to add extra nodes with minimal downtime) and as such, I have setup a 4 VPS environment running on Xen partitioned as follows:

= VPS 1 (Apache and Postfix email, <Proxy balancer://mycluster> load balancing to the JBoss servers,)
= VPS 2 & 3: JBoss AS 5.0.1GA
= VPS 4: MySQL

This is all very new to me (Centos and administering JBoss) and so I would be very grateful for any suggestions relating to the config, specifically:

= The recommended distribution of my 8gb across the VPS (e.g. a simple, 2,2,2,2 ?)
= Recommendations for my JAVA_OPTS settings in server.xml
= Any recommendations for config relating to my DataSource file
= Should I be using mod_cluster instead of my current load balancing config
= Anything I've (probably!) missed :o)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235248#4235248